Nick has been wanting new curtains or blinds or something for his bedroom window. I ran across these
in the Pottery Barn Teen catalog and figured I could whip one up pretty easily. So I went online to find directions on making a Roman shade (found a good one here), and ordered the fabric and blackout lining from JoAnn’s with my 40% off coupon (yippee!). The fabric was under $30.00, and the lining was under $11. So this past weekend, I threw it together! Voila!
Sometimes I think I take the worst pictures in the world! I did the white topstitching at the edges and down the centers as shown on the PB model. It was nice to have the topstitching down the center since I had to piece the fabric. Nick’s window is 70″ wide, and no fabric except quilt backing is available that wide. I was thrilled with the quality of the denim and the blackout lining from JoAnn’s.
Not much more news from this end.